383 Madison Avenue
Structure in general
- The building is designed as an octagonal-shaped tower rising from an eight-story square podium base.
- Clad in granite panels and glass, the tower culminates with a dramatic 70-foot glass crown that illuminates at night.
- Bear Stearns' trading operations are located in the podium base on levels three through eight. Containing approximately 42,000 square feet, each trading floor accommodates up to 420 traders.
- The office floor plates are an octagon shape, achieving maximum efficiency and providing spectacular views.
- During the 1980's a tower was proposed for the 383 Madison site at 72 stories tall with 1.6 million ft². The design architects for the project were Kohn Pederson Fox.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
MEP engineering, Developer, Facility management, General contractor, Structural engineering, Elevator finishing, Steel supplier, Elevator supplier, Facade consultant, Electrical contractor, Crane supplier (construction)