1 King West
Structure in General
- Parking levels, an atrium, a specialty theatre and an additional storey containing luxury townhouses were added to the bank building.
- The tower's height-to-width ratio is approximately 11:1, which is much greater than the more usual 4 or 6:1 value. The tower has a gross construction area of 47,800 m² with 574 units and parking for 101 vehicles.
- The primary challenge on this project was to develop a structural system that would support the tower and minimize the sway at the top within a narrow 15 m width, but would not interfere with the historically protected architectural elements in the bank building.
- An atrium with hanging rainforest-style foliage will take up the first 6 floors in the center of the building.
- The original One King West has been converted into 200 apartments, featuring a 6-storey atrium enclosing 42 private suites.
- This unique building features a very slender condominium-hotel linked to the existing turn-of-the-century 12 storey Toronto Dominion Bank building.
- The tower incorporated the circa-1913 Dominion Bank Building.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, construction company, consultant, developer, electrical engineering, elevator supplier, excavation company, formwork supplier, mechanical engineering, property management, steel supplier, structural engineering, surveyor, window supplier