181 West Madison
Structure in General
- The Miglin-Beitler Skyneedle, proposed in 1989 for the site across Wells Street, was designed like this building extended to a point almost 2000 feet high. Both projects had the same developers and architect.
- The crown and recessed corners are illuminated at night. Around Christmas they are colored green & red.
- The lobby contains a pair of sculptures by Frank Stella.
- The building was completed four months early and 5% under the total budget.
- The five-story entrance canopy is modeled on a loggia at the Ufizzi Gallery in Florence.
- In 1991 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, developer, facade consultant, facade maintenance system supplier, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, lighting consultant, property management, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- Doorman is available
- Floodlighting at night
- Skybridge link to next building