The Bankers Trust Building, Bankers Trust Company Building
Structure in General
restaurant fitness center
- The prominent pyramid atop the Banker's Trust Building, which housed record rooms and storage space, quickly became a landmark as well as the bank's registered trademark.
- The highly decorative base was derived from the Ionic order of the Erechtheum in Athens.
- The light gray granite shaft rises 20 stories above the base.
- The square shaft is divided into five bays of two windows each.
- The 25-story addition to the north and west was added in 1931-32 by architect Shreve, Lamb & Harmon.
- According to Fire Insurance Maps, the 1932 addition measures 357 feet to the main roof and 396 feet to the roof of its highest penthouse.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
8-20 Wall Street
14 Wall Street
New York City
Also recorded for this building:
owner, property management
Features & Amenities
- City landmark