1000 Lake Shore Plaza
Structure in General
- Reportedly the tallest reinforced concrete building in the world at the time of its construction although the Tour de la Bourse in Montreal was completed the same year, claiming the title.
- The building has a distinctive slender form with a very high elevator penthouse.
- Situated at a prominent position where the skyline wraps around Oak Street Beach. Michigan Avenue begins directly to the south.
- Was the tallest building in Chicago with balconies until 1999, when its neighbor Park Tower moved it to second place.
- This is the tallest building in Chicago with significant areas of brick in its facade. The tallest with continuous brick facing is the Bankers Building.
- Taller than any building farther north in Chicago. (Follow the link to the Newberry Plaza.).
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, financing, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- Balconies are available