100 North Tampa
100 North Tampa
AmSouth Building, Citizens and Southern Bank Plaza
Structure in General
service branch(es) fitness center parking
- Tampa's tallest building.
- The tower features two murals by noted artist Richard Haas.
- The tower's contemporary exterior design contains the three basic features of postmodernism: base, body, and cap.
- The office tower received the "Building of the Year Award" by Greater Tampa Bay 2000 and 2001 Building Owners & Managers Association (BOMA).
- Trump Tower Tampa will be built on the 1.5 acre site across North Ashley Drive from the office building.
- This is currently the tallest building on Florida's gulf coast, but will be surpassed in this holding by Trump Tower Tampa, estimated to be completed in 2007.
- The building contains 13 levels of fully enclosed parking.
- The building's foundation mat is 9 feet thick and weighs over 35 million pounds.
- The building's facade material is a polished Rosa Dante granite from Spain.
- The granite arches framing the building's entrances are 40 feet high.
- The parking levels of the building are served by 3 elevators and the office levels of the building are served by 12 computer-controlled, high-speed elevators.
- Floors 16 through 37 each contain approximately 22,000 square feet of office space, floors 38 and 39 each contain 17,577 square feet of usable space, and floors 40 through 42 each contain 13,037 square feet of space.
- The building's postmodern architectural features include granite cornices, setbacks at floors 38 and 40, and a Gothic-style roof.
- The building's windows, which contain pewter tinted glass, cause brilliant light reflections.
- Only after Jacksonville's Bank of America Tower, this is the second tallest high-rise in Florida outside Miami.
- Paragon Plaza I & II were initially proposed for the site.
- The building was initially planned to be named the "Citizens and Southern Bank Plaza".
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
100 North Tampa Street
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, facade engineering, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, property management, real estate agent, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings